Friday, June 27, 2008

The Befores!

Hi everybody, so I have had a few projects that I have been wanting to complete for some time now. I suppose I procrastinate on some things until I put myself in a position to fulfill a promise.

So, here are two projects that I need to accomplish:

1 - We have an old desk that is in desparate need of paint. I would love to refinish it but it is veneer and has just been trashed by years of loving use. It belonged to Mark's dad and we have used it for over 27 years. So, paint it needs.


2 - Our home was built in 1981 (the year we were married) and has oak kitchen cabinets. We have been slowly refinishing them (for about 1 1/2 years). It is time to complete the project. We only have one cabinet door and 4 drawers to finish along with the face of the bottom area.



Matthew will be away from home July 3-13 so Mark and I will have the house to ourselves. My goal: have fun, enjoy each other's company AND finish the two projects.

Now I have posted a challenge to myself - be sure to watch for the AFTER photos sometime after July 13th!!!!!!

4 comments:

twondra said...

Can't wait to see the after pictures. :)

Gretchen Clark said...

cannot wait to see the end result;D can you come over to my house after, lol!

Angela Nazworth said...

Thanks for commenting at Becoming Me. I enjoyed finding your blog and looking around.

Chelsa said...

thank you for you sweet comment on my blog :)