Saturday, July 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Kori!

Four years ago today we welcomed our beautiful granddaughter into this world.

For a mom who never experienced the joys of a delivery room it was my honor to be able to witness the birth of this precious little girl. Standing on one side of the bed while my son stood on the other and coaching Melissa through labor was simply wonderful.

Watching my son witness his daughters birth and cutting the cord, well, words cannot express my feelings. As tears rolled down his face, I watched my son become a man. I still remember it as if it were yesterday.

Here we are four years later. She is growing up so fast. She is still as precious as she was the day of her birth. Yet she is so much more. Watching her laugh and play I see her personality blooming. She is becoming the little lady God intended her to be. I listen to her talk and know she has such a heart of caring.

I know we are blessed to have her in our home two days a week when so many families don't have that opportunity. I treasure every precious moment with her. I could go on and on but I will end with this:
Kori, Happy Birthday my little 'Angel Bug'! You are a joy and I am so grateful to God for bringing you into our lives. You came at a time, after Papa's transplant, when we could really see that God was blessing us with your life. I treasure every moment I have been able to watch your grow and thank God everyday for you. My prayer is that you grow to be a Godly young lady who loves the Lord and lives out all the plans He has for you. Have a great birthday! I love you so much, Nana






No comments: