Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Afters!

Well, aren't you lucky, it's only the 9th and we have completed both projects. It is truly amazing how the Lord teaches me lessons in the everyday stuff. I tend to be a perfectionist which is not a quality that is becoming of one of God's girls. It makes me judgemental, bossy and pouty when things don't turn out the way "I" think they should be.

So, when our second project got really messed up on the last step of the process - my face was really ugly. I pouted for about 15 minutes when the Lord spoke clearly to my heart about my attitude. OUCH!!!!!
When I began putting the desk back in it's place and taking pictures, Mark asked if I was going to 'fix' the mess up later and I said NO - I love it! How did that happen? God!!!! He showed me how we are imperfect, sinful, flawed individuals but He loves us just the way we are. Satan came in and attempted to removed God's love from us BUT - "Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". Romans 8:39
Isn't that awesome! I love how the desk turned out - flaws and all - because God has spoken to me through the 'process'!!


Here is just one set of the kitchen cabinets. We sanded and sanded to get all of the 28 years of 'junk' off the cabinets and then put a fresh coat of polyurethane on everything. We even have handles now. This house didn't have handles on anything. Someday we will put in new countertops but for today I really enjoy walking into my kitchen and seeing those nice freshly refinished cabinets.

Thank you Mark for all of your work!!!!



When that was done it was off to the desk. Sand, prime, 2 coats of red paint, prime, 2 coats of white paint, stain, sand, stain (oops! that's where the flaws came in), buff and put handles back on. It has just the right amount of red coming through the sanded spots and we spray painted the (real brass) handles brushed nickle and put the black fronts back on. (Mark was not real keen on the idea of painting the brass handles but I only have brushed nickle in my house and they just didn't match - perfectionism again!) I just love it!!



By the way, we did take lots of time to swim and enjoy each others company AND we did not have one argument the whole 4 days!!! God is good! We even rented a couple of movies.

Have a great day and remember to allow God to speak through the everyday things in life!
Cindy

3 comments:

Gretchen Clark said...

looks great...I liked your tray too...from As You Wish (what I could see of it).

Anne LoGrasso said...

LOOKS AWESOME!!!!

twondra said...

Love em! You guys did awesome!!